Print Environment Health Check Program©
Technical Planning is Key
You cannot manage what you do not measure. Continuous improvement benchmarking and trends analysis, along with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Sustainment Indicators (KSIs or “green” metrics) are critical to understanding and managing both the print infrastructure environment, and those internal or external resources managing it.
A health print environment check will drive operational efficiencies, cost reductions, improve end user satisfaction and better relations with your print vendor(s). Your vendor(s) will provide print/MFD fleet statistics, carbon and environmental data points and service metrics. Internal help desk and 3rd party software packages may generate additional print related statistics.
Despite all the data available, most large organizations cannot and do not measure print. Interpretation of the data remains a challenge. POG’s Print Environment Health Check Program© analyzes the data and addresses the challenges specific to your distributed print environment. We use the processing power of the Print Knowledge Database© (PKD) to generate a quarterly Print Optimization Metrics© (POM) report and a semi-annual Vendor Optimization Metric© (VOM) report. The PKD houses data from 200+ print assessments and many RFP responses accumulated over the past 24 years of experience.
- Capture and measure ALL the available benefits of the Print Optimization Program
- Retain control and utilize internal resources where and when possible.
- Outsource the “work” to the vendor, whether the “work” is simply a break/fix service contract or a full outsourced print environment agreement
Most other software will provide a snap shot of what the print environment looks like at a given point in time which without relevant data surrounding it, has minimal value. The Health Check system focuses on all aspects of print and how it is trending. Trends information allows executives to make intelligent and informed decisions about their print environments.
- The Health Check Program permits the independent and transparent measurement of the distributed print environment and enables effective management of external vendors and internal resources who provide hardware services and related support.
- The reports identify and document opportunities for continuous improvement.
- As an on-going program, the Health Check Program helps effectively manage, sustain and optimize the entire distributed print fleet of devices and the vendor(s) that support it, by systematically and accurately measuring the print environment on a regular basis.